Richardsons Real Estate Limited (NZCB 188021) of 556 Pollen Street, Thames ("Richardsons Real Estate", "we", "us", "our") is committed to protecting your privacy.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, our social media channels, and our application, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and this privacy statement.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website or access, interact with, or follow our social media channels or use our applications you may provide us with different types of information:
- Personally identifiable information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis
- Anonymised website and application use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse or interact with our website or our social media channels and use our application.
Personal information you choose to provide
You will be asked to provide us with information about yourself, your firm or company, when you register for certain services, such as email newsletters and alerts or to save properties of interest to you on the website or our app or visiting open homes. You may also provide additional comments on how you see Richardsons Real Estate servicing your needs and interests. You can unsubscribe to newsletters and alerts at any time.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
Email newsletters you sign up for
When you sign up to email newsletters, we may track your interaction with the emails we send for the purposes of improving the content we deliver you. You can unsubscribe to email newsletters at any time.
Website use information
Cookie and tracking technologies are used for gathering anonymous information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the website, and understanding how visitors use the website. We may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookies also help us to customise the website for visitors. You may turn off Cookies in your computer settings, but this may affect your experience of our website. We use Google Analytics features that associate anonymous data from the Google accounts of signed-in users who have consented to this association for the purposes of personalised advertising.
- Third party vendors, including Google and Facebook, show our ads on sites on the internet.
- Google account holders may view and control their activity by visiting their My Activity page Personally identifiable information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you provide personally identifiable information, cookies, and the data that they and other tracking technology collect may be connected to you using that information.
- Where you agree to allow the app to access your location on a mobile device, we may use that information to show you properties arou9nd you and give you more relevant search results. Your location information is used only by the app in real time and is not stored by us.
Note: the privacy practices set forth in this privacy statement are for our services, website, our social media channels, and applications only. If you click on links to other websites, please review the privacy policies posted at thos sites. In addition, your access and use of the social media platforms that we use (including Facebook YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Twitter) will be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the companies that operate those platforms
Social media information
When you follow or like our social media channels or like, comment on, share or otherwise interact with any of our posts or other content on our social media channels, you may provide information to us about yourself, including your name, profile information and profile picture. The information that you make available can often be controlled through the settings for your account on the relevant social media platform. Our social media channels are public and everything you share on our posts can be seen by everyone else. Please do not share any personal, confidential, or sensitive information when posting on any of our social media channels.
Personal information we must collect by law – AML/CFT
The New Zealand Government introduced the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 (AML for short) and from 1 January 2019 all real estate agents are required to undertake “customer due diligence” to verify the identity of all vendor clients and obtain personal information not required from vendors in the past.
Further information can be obtained from your salesperson or by visiting the following websites;
What do we do with the information we gather
We use the information you provide for our business purposes, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Our internal record keeping and business purposes.
- We may use the information to improve, and to promote and measure the performance of, our products and services, content, and advertising.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website and/or app according to matters such as your interests or location.
- We may use the information to let you know about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- We may use the information to show you more relevant advertising elsewhere online.
Distribution of information
Richardsons Real Estate may share personal information with the third parties that we work with to provide or promote our products and services, including using information matching and other techniques to identify potential audiences for our products and services. Your personal information will only be shared on a confidential basis for the purposes of our business and promotions and will not be sold to or shared with a third party for that third party’s promotional purposes.
Richardsons Real Estate may share personal information with government agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. Personal information is not provided to these entities for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
We have put in place physical, electronic, and organisational processes to protect your personally identifiable information. Only authorised employees, agents, and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) are granted access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Right to Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to access personal information that we hold about you and to request correction of that information. We may ask for confirmation of your identity prior to giving you this information.
021 339 584
Please note Richardsons Real Estate may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.